Saturday 13 October 2012

Barry M Gellies Watermelon and Blue Plum

Here are two of the Barry M Gellies.  Many people thought at first that this collection was a Jelly range, as in sheer polishes. But the idea behind these is much more genius. They're meant to replicate the super shineyness of gel manicures. And ohmigawd are they shiney! These swatches are without topcoat.....SAY WHAAAT! 
Here is Watermelon and Blue Plum.

Watermelon is definitely my favourite of the collection. It's a really dark teal and a great winter polish. I struggled to get the colour right with my camera with this swatch. It looks almost black in indoor lighting and I could only get the colour in natural sunlight. I used two coats for this swatch.
Blue Plum is a deep royal blue. Again, it looks almost black indoors but the colour definitely pops when in natural sunlight. I used two coats for this swatch.


Although I used two coats for these swatches, they are very much one coaters..as they were intended to be. And they apply like a dream. There are 9 colours in this collection. The others are Plum, Pomegranate, Satsuma, Prickly Pear, Blueberry, Grapefruit and Blood Orange. The only other colours that really interest me are Plum and Blueberry. I think thats because the other colours are pretty 'normal', if you know what I mean. Although the finish on these colours is awesome. 
How have you found Barry M Gellies?











No comments:

Post a Comment